Coach & Assistant Coach Covenant
In consideration of being named coach or assistant coach of the (Team name).
l agree to do the following:
- I will treat all my players, all other coaches, team moms, and league officials with respect at all times.
- I will follow both the letter and spirit of the ACYS rules & regulations.
- I will make every effort to attend meetings required of me by ACYS.
- I will deal openly and honestly with my players, their parents, and league officials.
- I will do my best to teach skills, teamwork, and good sportsmanship to all of my players through the use of positive motivation.
- I will never verbally abuse my players, intentionally embarrass them, or hold them up to ridicule.
- I realize that I must teach by example, so I will not embarrass myself and my team by yelling or arguing with officials, or blaming officials for my team's shortcomings.
- I will not be preoccupied with winning. I will measure my success as a coach by the improvement of each of my players and in their growth as individual team members.
- I realize that ACYS Sports is for kids. I will do my best to assure all of my players HAVE FUN.
Statement of Faith: An ACYS coach is more than just the designated leader of a team; he/she represent Christian role models for the children and families they serve. To ensure what is being taught is consistent with biblical principals each coach must agree to the following statement of faith in order to represent ACYS as a coach or assistant coach.
Coach Statement of Faith
I believe in the triune God of the Bible. He is one God who is three distinct persons—God, the Father; God, the Son; and God the Holy Spirit. I believe Jesus Christ was God in the flesh—fully God and fully man—who lived a sinless life, died on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins, was bodily resurrected on the third day, and now is seated in the heavens at the right hand of God, the Father. I believe that all men are born sinners and can be saved from eternal death only by trusting in Christ’s atoning death and resurrection to save us from our sins and give us eternal life.
ACYS Code of Conduct
FOR ALL TEAMS ENTERING LEAGUE PLAY
RULES CONTAINED HEREIN MAY BE ADAPTED AS REQUIRED FOR LEAGUE PLAY
Mandatory Coach Meetings - ACYS may require the participation of coaches to attend ACYS related meetings. These meetings are integral to the success of ACYS. Coaches unable to attend these meetings may be required to watch a video of the meeting or listen to an audio tape/cd in order to participate as a coach.
All ACYS & GCF League Games will be conducted within the current FYSA rules, FIFA laws of the game and decisions of the international Board in effect prior to the ACYS annual meeting with exceptions as noted below:
Our goal is to encourage young people to be the very best they can be for the Glory of God. ACYS will do its best to provide a safe place for children to play sports, guidance and training for volunteers, and will maintain an atmosphere of excellence and integrity.
Duties and responsibilities of coaches, officials, spectators, parents and other volunteers
· To conduct themselves in a “Christ like manner” at all times while on, near or off the playing field.
· To prepare, train and coach their team to the best of their ability.
· To encourage clean fair competition and good sportsmanship at all times.
· To uphold the rules and regulations of ACYS, FYSA and FIFA as they apply.
· To participate in positive coaching that builds-up and encourages players.
- Coaches must read and sign ACYS Covenant and Statement of faith. See seperate tab for Coach covenant.
- Coaching from the sideline is restricted to coaches on the player side of the field/court only. Sideline coaching should be minimal and limited to two coaches from each team operating behind the sidelines and between the two penalty areas. For Basketball only one coach is permitted to stand during play. For soccer, each coach on the sideline during a match must have an official FYSA coaching pass or be listed on the ACYS roster.
- Coaches Cautioned or Ejected from field Coaches cautioned and/or ejected from a game or sports complex will receive a minimum one game suspension and be reviewed by a disciplinary committee. Based on the severity of the infraction a longer suspension or dismissal could be recommended by the committee. Only by a majority vote of the ACYS executive board can a coach be removed from his position.
- ANY substantiated criminal act against a child is grounds for immediate dismissal and/or disqualification as a coach Each coach must complete an FYSA coach’s registration prior form to league play. As a condition of the completed form each coach must provide a social security number for the purpose of a FDLE background check.